WordPress is an amazing CMS but like any popular software, you are vulnerable to hackers. One of the best things you can do to protect your website is to make sure your WordPress software is kept up to date. In fact, of all of the hacked WordPress websites, 83 percent of those were not upgraded to the latest release.
You can update your WordPress site yourself. It’s made very easy by a one-click update option, though there can be problems during the upgrade process that could bring your site down.
This is one procedure that we might perform when updating your site.
- We will first scan your website for any possible malware.
- Then we will backup your entire website. This includes all WordPress files and your database.
- We will then put a copy of your website on one of our local servers for testing.
- Next we will update the available plugins to your site.
- Then we test the new update of WordPress on our test version of your site.
- Once we feel comfortable that the update took properly, we will repeat this process on your server.
Do you backup your website already? This should be done on a regular basis.
Take a look at our backup solutions and maintenance plans that will safely protect your website.
Clients are strongly encouraged to bundle several updates into one request.