The following is a basic guideline to the process Listen to the Wind Media uses to create and develop a website. (Note this is just a general guideline and will vary slightly from project to project – Also, this does not apply to clients who only want general web modifications unless those modifications are significant.)
After phase 1 installment has been received:
- We will develop an overall concept and layout of your designed based on specifications and requirements you provided during your consultation with Listen to the Wind Media. This phase may also require further communication with you to nail down all of the specifics or clarify anything we may have questions on. Please be aware that it is extremely important to be as detailed as possible to your requirements and tastes for your website (such as column layout, color, theme etc.) Additional revisions beyond what is stated in the contract can incur additional fees in many cases.
- We will acquire and install any needed plugins or additional code needed for the project per contract requirements.
- Listen to the Wind Media will acquire graphics needed per the contract requirements. If you have a company logo you wish to use on your site, you will need to give that to us to insert on your site. (Preferably in a photoshop/PSD format)
- We will post a “work version” of your project on a development domain that we own and we will give you access to view your website’s development, revisions, and changes.
After phase 2 installment has been received:
- We will continue with the design requirements and functionality of the site in more detail. You will be able to go over your text content to proof and make changes if needed.
- Should you decide a different design concept is needed, we can make, build and expand upon the original concept or you can request a completely different look. You project proposal includes a maximum of two design concepts for your website. Further revisions will incur additional fees and possible delays.
- Near the completion of your project, you will receive an email from Listen to the Wind Media with all necessary login information to the admin area of the project. The project will be a fully functional site, set up for you to review in a ‘live’ and optimal environment. Please use this time to test your site, click around and see how the different elements look, feel and work together.
- Once we have received approval from you on your new site design, we will schedule a time for your site release and final review.
Final Review and Release
- After final payment is received, Listen to the Wind Media will release your site to your domain and web host. (If you don’t have hosting we can recommend preferred hosting companies and will be able to offer discounts to these companies if you chose them.)
- During our final review, Listen to the Wind Media will review your site on your web host. (We understand your environment might not be as optimal as our development server) We will make sure that everything is functioning properly. At that time, we can provide you with 1 on 1 training per our contract. We will also provide you with a backup of your site in case you need to restore it in the future.
- Listen to the Wind Media will be available to provide design fixes, updates and changes for up to *three (3) days after your final review date. If your project is more than three (3) days past the final review, then fixes, updates, and changes will incur additional fees billed at our normal hourly rate or under a new separate proposal.
- This process constitutes completion of your project proposal with Listen to the Wind Media
*Why Only 3 days:
After the release and setup of your project in your environment, Listen to the Wind Media has no knowledge of any modifications or changes being made to the site and therefore cannot be responsible for breaks beyond our control. We recommend going over your site to make sure everything is as you like. Please let us know within 3 days of any problems you come across so we can address them quickly.
Additional fees after the final launch will be incurred for future requests if:
- Your theme breaks after an upgrade to the software you are using.
- You add new plugins or features to your site that weren’t included in the original project
- A new browser upgrade breaks your theme (i.e. a browser version that didn’t exist during the creation of your theme).
- You’ve made changes or alterations to the code
- Your site gets hacked, or otherwise compromised and you’ve lost your theme files due to a lack of backups
Last updated August 8, 2012