WordPress is an amazing CMS but like any popular software, you are vulnerable to hackers. One of the best things you can do to protect your website is to make sure your WordPress software is kept up to date. In fact, of all of the hacked WordPress websites, 83 percent of those were not upgraded to the latest code release.
You can update your WordPress site yourself. It’s made very easy by a one-click update option in WordPress though there can be problems during the upgrade process that could bring your site down.
Below is one procedure we might perform to avoid these problems.
- We will first scan your website for any possible malware.
- Then we will backup your entire website. This includes all WordPress files and your database.
- We will then put a copy of your website on one of our local servers for testing.
- Next we will update the available plugins to your site.
- Then we test the new update of WordPress on our test version of your site.
- Once we feel comfortable that the update took properly, we will repeat this process on your server.
Here is a list of our Website Care Plans. Unless you have a large site, are an active blogger, or continually make changes to your content, the “Basic” plan should work for you.
Our Website Care Pricing Plans
*Hosting is paid on a yearly basis.
**This maintenance plan consists of only notifying you if your site becomes unresponsive. if you would like us to work with your hosting provider in these situations, our hourly rates would apply.